The imprints of time at "Wat Maha That" in Ayutthaya, Thailand!

The Time always has a profound influence on my thoughts which eventually proliferates through my writings. I feel, when time walks with us, everything blooms and when it leaves us, we see the ruins.

Today I will take you all to Wat Maha That at Ayutthaya in Thailand - a place which was once an important center of global diplomacy and commerce, but now an archeological ruin which has liberated time.





The ruin was echoing the time passed by! 






I stood still when I saw a tree which is famous not in itself, but rather for the Buddha's head that is firmly lodged in its tangled roots.



























It is told that in 1767 the Burmese attacked and destroyed Ayuthhaya. In the process, they chopped off the heads of all of the Buddha statues. This particular head must have fallen among the prop roots of a Bodhi tree. Over the centuries the roots have grown around the head in such a way that it almost seems intentional. Perhaps the wisdom of an enlightened one is beckoning the perpetual time forever.



I was lost amidst the ruins. In me, that day, various thoughts and emotions were coupled together in silence.

 I felt as if the Time was echoing to me these simple words....

     "I am so close, I may look distant. So completely mixed with you, I may look separate. So out in the open, I appear hidden. So silent, because I am constantly talking with you".




I felt thankful to my mother - She liberated me to life!















I realized that in our perpetual journey, a door to new dawn is the truth!  
















There arose some contradictions as well! I felt the future is but an illusion.  With each passing moment I'm becoming part of the past. There is no future for me, just the past steadily accumulating.




























I wanted to ask, "Who am I?" "What will be my existence after hundreds of years?" 
I think my place is the Placeless and my trace is the Traceless. (Perhaps for all of us)! 



Yet we love to think that we belong to some place, some relations and so on. Perhaps creating a small boundary is our fundamental limitation. But sometimes these limitations help us to live. 

We cherish our love, affection, compassion and solace - that's the beauty of being brother and sister!















"Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two" .........Buddha













Let me complete the story of visiting this famous ruin by these three lines. 
"Dhammang saranang gacchami "  (I go to the Dhamma for refuge)!
"Sanghang saranang gacchami"     (I go to the Sangha for refuge)!
"Buddhang saranang gacchami"     (I go to the Buddha for refuge)!







Labels: , , , , , , , ,